Friday 30 December 2011

Bawley (Hearts) 2011: Top 5 Concerts of the Year: Karen

5. Paul Kelly A-Z, The Playhouse, Canberra 28/01/2011
Kicking the year off with a tear-jerker before departing the country for 12 months. I can't remember where in the alphabet we landed at this show but The Playhouse was the perfect venue for an emotion filled show. Tears all around.

4. TV On The Radio, Metropolis, Montreal 17/04/2011
Beautiful show from one of Bawley's favourite bands.

3. CSS, Stereo, Glasgow 31/08/2011
I'm in love with Lovefoxxx. I met Lovefoxxx. She gave me a poster. I love Lovefoxxx.

2. The Cave Singers, King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, Glasgow 18/08/2011
So much energy, sweat and fun. These guys copped the old Glesga crowd in full swing and were ready to fight back with ferocity. Brilliant!

1. The Jezabels, King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, Glasgow 6/09/2011
My second Jezabels show for 2011 and they didn't disappoint. Possibly the friendliest band around, they had the famously hard-to-please King Tut's crowd lapping up their hits as well as throwing new tracks off Prisoner in too. Dark Storm is still my favourite.

Other highlights from the year include: C.W Stoneking in Edinburgh, Cut Copy in New York and Architecture in Helsinki in Paris.

No comments: